Work, Work, Work

Well, life is busy here. My oldest son woke up at 4am screaming about his throat hurting and burning up with fever. Yup, strep throat. We are also in the process of finishing our basement where my studio will be. AND I'm trying to finish the "Already Asleep" picture book and just accepted 3 more jobs: workbook illustrations, and 2 educational readers (16 page books). I decided to change the last page of the book to include the mom instead of just the cat and mouse. Here's the sketch...what do you think? The text reads "Goodnight!"...like she's finally getting to sleep after a long day of being a mom.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good so far, can't wait til' you splash some color on it. Good luck with the new studion and all the projects you're currently working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog..love seeing your progress!! Really appealing work. Thanks for sharing that newspaper clipping of you. That's a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive