Watch the demo, see the final illustration...

So, if any of you have viewed the second and third recordings of my paintings on Ustream, you saw me working on the following illustration. Well, I thought I'd post the final result for those viewers. This is for the upcoming book, "The Littlest Emperor of Antarctica," published by Marshall Cavendish, 2011. I post this here to show the little bits of digital manipulation I do after the painting stage. I added texture to the ground ice/snow, cleaned up the horizon edge, enhanced the colors in the penguin a bit and darkened some areas of the water. Enjoy.

1 comment:

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive