Conferences and Signings - WIFYR and ALA 2012

So this will have to be a quick post because things are CRAZY busy around here.  I've just finished teaching a 3 day intensive workshop at WIFYR and am getting ready to leave for a book signing there this afternoon. The signing is open to the public and there will be many other authors there like: Tim Wynn-Jones, Brandon Mull, Cynthia and Greg Leitich Smith, Mette Harrison, A.E. Cannon, Trudy Harris, Matthew Kirby, Ann Dee Ellis, and Carol Lynch Williams.  It goes from 3-6pm today at the Waterford School in Sandy Utah.

I had a great time teaching at the conference and will post next week about it and some things I taught. I had a wonderful class of eager students and was glad for their enthusiasm and dedication to learning.

I'm also packing to leave for the 2012 ALA conference in Anaheim, CA. If any of you are there, please be sure to stop by the Scholastic Booth #2634 on Saturday between 11am and noon. I'll be signing there but would LOVE to see a friendly face or two.


This will be my first experience with an ALA conference so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm excited. Let me know if you'll be there or if you are and author or illustrator signing somewhere there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive