My Art Supplies

People often ask...
  • What kind of paper do you use?
  • What paint do you use?
  • What brushes do you use?
  • What printer do you use?
  • What pens do you use?
Well here are the answers...

PAPER: My absolute favorite paper of all time was Bright White Fabriano Uno paper...but that is discontinued...KIND OF. They replaced it with the new paper I use and I think it's pretty much just as great. I buy packs of it. It's called...

Fabriano Artistico Watercolor Paper 140 lb. Soft Press 10-Pack 22x30" - Extra White

I order it from www.JerrysArtarama.com

PAINT: I actually use a variety of paint which I order from a variety of places. But most I get from www.Danielsmith.com

Here are some of my favs...

Daniel Smith: Alizarin Crimson, QuinacridoneRed, Quinacridone Rose, Quinacridone Sienna, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Yellow Ochre, Serpentine Genuine, Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Blue Hue, New Gamboge

Holbein Artists Watercolor: Horizon Blue


BRUSHES: The 3 brushes I use for almost everything are...

Loew Cornell La Corneille Brush Series 7000 Round 12
Loew Cornell La Corneille Brush Series 7000 Round 14
Loew Cornell La Corneille Brush Series 7550 Wash 1"

you'd be surprised how far those little beauties can get me
I order these on JerrysArtarama.com

PRINTER: I have and use an Epson Photo Stylus 2200. They don't make them any more but the new version R2800 for about $600. You can check out the specs here.

PENS: I also use a variety of pens but my favorites are...

Artline Drawing pens

And there you have it. A non-exhaustive list of what I use but this is what I use most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive