Entering Contests

Another great way to promote yourself is to enter contests. Today I just submitted my entries for the 3x3 Children’s Show Here's a little description from their website...

"The 3x3 Children’s Show is the only truly international competition for illustration. No other show is as completely international as ours. While many shows showcase the work of their own country’s illustrators, 3x3 features the best work from all over the world."


Even if I don't "win" or even make it in, my work gets seen by editors from some great publishing houses. So wish me luck. I entered in the Book category...you submit the cover and up to 4 interiors. The work had to be published or produced in 2009. So I submitted work from the book I wrote and the chapter book I illustrated (both produced last year, hitting shelves this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    thanks for that, your blog is one of the most useful things I've found on the internet in a long time.
    Now I just have to figure out how to add it to my feeds..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. I'm glad you find it interesting or helpful. Good luck in your endeavors.

    To add it to your feeds, you should just have to click on the icon at the right end of your address bar. Hopefully it works for you. If not, just bookmark it and come back often. :-)

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive