How to Get a Publishing Contract - Link


There is a funny article (to anyone actually in the children's book industry) on how to win the Caldecott in 3 easy steps posted on eHow. It made me laugh at the apparent simplicity of it. If it were actually that simple, it wouldn't be a great award, and everyone would have one. Read it here. I think eHow wanted to boost their readership by posting about a topic everyone wants the secret to, and there's nothing wrong with that. It made me chuckle.

Then an illustrator acquaintance of mine, Fred Koehler, wrote this blog post on "How to Get Published" in three simple steps kind of as a spoof. See it here. There are actually bits of real truth in it as there are in the Caldecott post. But his post also made me smile. Some people think creating a book is so simple. The principles actually may be simple....but the execution is not. Creativity seldom is so simple as following a set of steps. But truth be told, it's a great place to start.

Happy Bookmaking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive