Picture Book Marathon- Day 20

Wow, I've made it 20 days so far, posting 19 of them. This one needs work on the illustration obviously but of course it's just a sketch/color comp book idea as usual. None of these are really final illustrations, I hope you can tell.

So you probably see a theme continuing from yesterday's post but it's really just a spin off idea. This idea is for a concept book on the days of the week. A little boy visits the zoo each day and acts like one of the animals being kind of crazy and wearing the animals out in the process. Monkey Monday, Tiger Tuesday, Wallaby Wednesday, Thoroughbred Thursday (gotta work on that one), Froggy Friday, Salamander Saturday and finally SLEEPY Sunday (where all the animals and the boy are asleep from their week of fun). Picture intensive, word light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive