It's not all drawing

I mostly focus on the drawing part of what an illustrator does. But I just thought I'd share this tid bit to show that we all do have a life outside of the day/night job of illustrating. Although, our lives sometimes involve using a little bit of those skills.

My mother-in-law puts on a great "fair" for the grandkids every 24th of July (which is a holiday here in Utah celebrating when pioneers first came here to settle the valley). She does a great job. She always has a "fishing pond" but usually just puts up an old sheet. Well, this year I was commissioned to spray paint a new sheet and add fabric fish. It turned out cute and the kids had a great time (and so did I, eating way too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive