School Visits are GRRR-RREAT!

I had the great opportunity to do several presentations at Red Mountain Elementary School in Southern Utah today. The teachers and students were absolutely wonderful and well-prepared for my visit. I couldn't have asked for more from them. They welcomed me with this sign signed by all the 2nd through 5th graders.

I shared with them all about how I became an illustrator and what it takes to illustrate (and write) a picture book. The kids were great listeners, had all the right answers, and the best questions.


Then the kids helped me create a whole new character. They created a boy named Crew who was going on a trip to San Diego, and a Bear named teddy who was going to Florida, and a girl named (the best name ever) Julie who was going to Antarctica. Good job kids!


I'll post a short video later. Thanks again, Red Mountain Elementary, for letting me come share my world with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive