Painting More Spots


So, my days have been spent painting the illustrations for the Already Asleep book. I think I'm seeing spots...spot illustrations that is. I decided to do all of them first and leave the double page spreads for last. There are 25 spot illo's in all. And then 8 double page spreads and the cover. Anyway, here's another spot I liked...I used my son as a reference.

I liked the comment on my pigs about trying a sepia ink instead of black. Maybe I'll do a non book illustration and try that there (if I can organize my life well enough to have time to do an illustration other than work illustrations). It's a hectic time of year. Wish me luck on that endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive