How to create your own sketchnotes for General Conference

I know some of you follow me so you can see my notes from the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. So I thought, since each of us gets something different out of the talks, I should teach all of you how to take quick pictorial notes of the talks yourself. I will still happily share mine but I would love to see what stands out to you at this conference as well. So I created a quick cheat sheet on some of the common symbols I use and a "how-to" video as well.

I hope you all enjoy this momentous semi-annual convening of General Conference. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ and tune in to watch live on Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd at 10am and 2pm Mountain Standard Time each day.

If you want to print the symbols cheat sheet, just click on the image below to enlarge it and then right click on the picture for the option to download it.

The How to Video


4 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I love your sketchnotes and I really appreciate you making this video to help me create my own

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you this is so generous of you to share your time and talents. You’re conference notes are a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think this would be fun for activity days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to watch you draw and I learned a few things. Thank you! I love your notes!!

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive