30 ways to reduce Anxiety

 Ever since March of 2020, when the COVID-19 Pandemic shut down the world as we know it, anxiety levels in the human population have risen. And even though I am a generally positive, glass-half-full kind of person, over the past year I often felt that positivity slipping and a creeping sense of powerlessness overtake me. I have dealt with panic attacks in the past, but found them happening more frequently and even sometimes in the middle of the night, waking me from sleep. I found this wasn't only due to my own feelings about the state of the world, but also because I worried for my children who were also dealing with huge increases in their levels of anxiety. 

So in October, I participated in a 30 day drawing a day challenge called Inktober. Instead of only following the given prompts, I decided to apply them to methods for combating anxious feelings. So I researched proven methods for decreasing stress and anxiety and for improving overall mental health and created one drawing each day with the plan to put them all in one poster for anyone to download and print. My thought was not only to help myself and my children cope with the situations life was throwing at us, but to help anyone else in need as well. I finished all the drawings by the end of October and then...

Life happened. 

I got overwhelmed and overburdened with Graduate school assignments and holiday preparations and my plan to put everything together in one poster got delayed. But I'm happy to say, I finally was able to scan in and clean up all the artwork and put it together to share. 

If you want to print a free 11x17 poster of 30 ways to cope with anxiety and stress, just click on the link below the image and it will take you to a downloadable file. Then try one of these suggestions each day, whichever you feel like doing, and hopefully it can bring a little more peace and happiness into your life. 

CLICK HERE FOR THE POSTER FILE.

For personal use only. Not for reproduction or resale in any format.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive