DAY SEVEN: WRITING AND ILLUSTRATING A PICTURE BOOK

PHASE TWO: Steps 4 and 5

4. DEVELOP A THICK SKIN: You'll need it from here on out...when you start showing your work to others in the industry. ;-)

5. CRITIQUES: once you've done all you can do for the words and developed a few rough idea sketches of the character and a scene or two, show your story to other writers and illustrators for feedback. Be ready to change things and take the criticism for what it is...it's there to help your story, not hurt your feelings. You don't have to do EVERYTHING everyone suggests. But take them all into consideration and choose what works best for your story. Join a critique group or email those you know in the industry and ask for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I'm a freelance illustrator working in the children's book industry. I love kids and raising my own 4 children. They are the inspiration and the passion behind all I do in art and in life. See my website at JulieOlsonbooks.com

Blog Archive